Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Grad Ball Star of the Night Alyssa

It's almost back-to-school but let me share with you another end-of-school-year event that I did. Alyssa is my niece (cousin Wendy's daughter) and she just also recently finished high school. She asked me to glam her up for their Graduation Ball last March 28. Of course, I cheerfully to said yes! 

 Alyssa is an avid K-pop fan! She has developed this love for K-pop music and so as the artists' hair and makeup... Looking up to her idol, Dara of 2ne1 (Sandara Park), she always tries to do the same makeup Dara does on their performances which is dark black liner. Let me share with you the products I used on her.





On her face:
Celeteque moisturizer
Fanny Serrano in Chino (to set)
Fanny Serrano in Rajah (used as bronzer and contour)
Concealer from my 20-color palette mixed w/Encara BB cream (for her under eyes and t-zone)
E.l.f duo blush and bronzer

On her brows:
In2it brow palette
Etude House Color my brows in #2

On her eyes:
Fashion 21 liquid liner (upper lids)
Nichido black kohl liner (waterline and corner of her eyes)
Fashion 21 Color Set (black,navy blue,gray and ivory)
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Waterproof mascara

On her lips:
Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm
Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Off-Beat Pink
L'ancome Juicy Tube (applied only on the center of her lips)



 When Alyssa was younger, she was very shy about her curly-frizzy hair. But when she has started dancing in high school, she has learned to love her hair and be proud of it. She said her hair has made her famous! *winks


I've always told her that her hair is lovely, because it really is. Having this kind of hair is such a blessing. I remember trying to achieve this hair look during a shoot  I did before. ( See that blog post here. ) Since her hair has got that natural texture, styling it was a breeze. I parted the front section of her hair to one side and lightly combed the top. With the natural volume of her hair, I combed only the top portions of her crown area and styled it on a semi-beehive, gathered the ends and twisted it to an updo bun. I placed those little heart screws at the top base of the bun for a little sparkle. =) We borrowed those from my mom! hehe!


 Yay! My niece on her amazing blue dress! I lent her the earrings and that sparkly cuff which I used during my 18th debut celebration, yeaaaaars ago! :p I even taught her to pose like that! haha!


Woot!woot! The event didn't have a color-coding for their dresses, I just picked to include this photo of her with a friend 'coz their both wearing blue. =)

Amazing news!! Alyssa won the title of "Star of the Night" during their ball!!! Weee! I couldn't be more proud! =)



What can you say about Alyssa's hair and makeup? Would you wear this look for a party or ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...