Friday, September 14, 2012

My Turn for a Makeover ala Wedding Guest


Aside from doing hair and makeup for mom and my sister Myra, and grooming for my Kuya Re, I also did groom 2 guys, my Kuya JD and my nephew Ish (both part of the entourage), as well as makeup for my lovely sisters Ate Che and Ate Mich (Okay, I know I know...we are a family of 8 kids. hehe!) I wasn't able to take good photos anymore. We all were trying to do things as fast as we could. Hehe!

So that was a total of 4 ladies and 3 guys. :D

Well, I needed and wanted to slip in a few minutes of my time to do makeup for myself. I wished I had the luxury to do my hair as well but time was running and I didn't want to be late for the wedding. Haha! I started working at 9am and we left our prep place around 20mins before 2pm.

I think I did my makeup for less than 10 minutes and hair for just a few seconds. (seriously!)
 Pardon the not so glamorous hair and the somewhat awkward I'm-holding-my-breath-pose but let me just instead share with you the list of products I used on myself that day... ;)

 Sisters 
Yay! Lovin' group shots!


Products Used:

On my FACE:
Celeteque Hydration Facial Moisturizer
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige
L'oreal Trumatch Liquid in N7 Nude Beige
Fanny Serrano 2-way powder in Organza and Rajah
In2it Blush Set in Romance

On my BROWS:
AVON Ultra Luxury Brow Definer in Dark Brown
In2it Brow Trio
Etude House Color my Brows in No.2

On my EYES:
BH Cosmetics 26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette
Tropez Eyeshadow Duo in Golden Glow
MaxFactor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara
Briska False Lashes in No.15

On my LIPS:
Burt's Bees Replenishin Lip Balm
Wet 'n Wild Megalast Lipstick in 904B Rose-bud

Did you know? This is the first time I ever wore false lashes. Okay, I do wear them but only when I'm at home and just trying them out, but this time I wore it for an event. I now understand my clients who say that it really is weird at first but you'll get the hang of it after awhile. Hehe!
 OOTD 
2-toned Royal Blue V-neck peplum inspired dress (I design this myself ^_^)
Remember my Divisoria haul where featured this fabric as well as some of the accessories? This is how it turned out. :)
I'm so sad I forgot to take a photo of how it looks at the back, but it is also an open V-cut. The floral gem detachable belt is cinched at the narrowest part of my waist so to accentuate it and avoid appearing big-waisted. hehe!

Accessories: Vintage bangles, Black and Gold rectangular ring, Black and Gold Ribbon drop earrings
Shoes: Grey Wool Pumps from Payless
And as I said, I didn't have much time doing my hair, so I just grabbed my trusty Vidal Sassoon curling iron that was pre-heated coz I used it on my sister. I curled my bangs away and some portions of my hair framing my face. Hehe! Thus, the almost haggard look. :D
I feel like it still looked good, though. Spell CONFIDENCE. HAHA!
Meet my lovely Ate Che (eldest) who forever looks like she's in her teens!
Black and Gold Vintage strap bag from Mom 
On my nails: Caronia Nail Polish in Pussy Red 
 Andie and moi 

  Yay! Weddings are always a great way to have new family photos. Love it! 
Credits to Kuya Do for the last 2 photos. :)

Thanks again for reading! Hope to see you on my next post...

Oh and please make sure to follow my blog and check back every once in awhile because I am part of a HUGE COLLABORATION Giveaway together with 5 other beauty bloggers. We'll be announcing it in a few days. We'll pick 4 winners. So be sure to join that because we have amazing prizes in store for all of you!!! =)

Like me on Facebook: Makeup by Aila Apolo
Follow me on Twitter: @ailaapolo



11 comments:

  1. you did great on that dress Ms. Aila. you look so pretty and elegant..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thank you so much Vergielyn! <3
      hehe! galing rin nung modista...kahit naka-3 fittings and alterations kami. hehe! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. ganda naman ^^~ ako din i dont wear falsies out :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank youuuu! Hindi rin ako sanay ehh..pero ang ganda lang talaga ng effect sa eyes lalo pag natural looking. :D

      Delete
  3. Pretty as usual! I love that blue dress on you. Blue is definitely one of your colors. Feel ko RED would also be nice on you especially since you have lovely black hair!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Thanks sis! <3 I don't usually wear blue kasi feeling ko parang nakaka-chubby, ung mga light blue cguro. This one I think fits me rin. haha! Ohh you know what? I'd love to try red toned hair soon..para maiba lang. :D

      Delete
  4. pretty!!! :) good job on the rush make up! Next time do yours first while everybody is not yet ready. for me it is a crime that make up artist dont have nice make up on a certain event! hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Naku true. Next time ulit ako na talaga mauuna. Dapat tayo mga makeup artist laging pleasant looking at presentable. ;) hehe!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...