Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Firsts on Feb First

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? It has been almost a year since I last updated my blog. Actually, I only got to write my first and only blog post last year. If you are interested to read it, click here.

And speaking of firsts, today being the 1st of February 2012 and my first attempt to update my blog, I intend to share to you a lot of firsts that I was blessed to have accomplished in the past year. In Chinese astrology, 2011 is the year of the rabbit. Similar to how rabbits move, my life hopped into its turning point as I was able to jump-start my career as a freelance Make-up artist. Blessings and opportunities came pouring and all I could think of is to be thankful.

First ever makeup gig. I got the chance to do sponsor makeup for a fashion event for a cause at SM DasmariƱas. Entitled “Let's Go Green”, male models wore shirts with photos and texts that support the campaign to help save the environment. The 3 female models, which I did makeup for on the other hand ramped with summer attires. My sister Ate Myra also went on-stage also to promote the Korean skincare product that I used, Encara BB Cream. This was my launching stint so I don’t think I’ll ever forget about this experience. My mom, sisters and brothers were also even there to support me. What a sweet family!

That's my Ate Myra ate the back, discussing the benefits of using Encara BB Cream. We both sponsored the event. ;)


Photo credits to my photographer friend Edwin Mantele.

First wedding gig. Luckily, I got the chance to be invited to do makeup for a wedding with Pro Makeup Artist Ms. Edz Diomampo. She assigned me to do makeup for some of the entourage. I was so scared and nervous at that time. I remember praying before, during and after doing each face. My hands were even shaking most of the time because of being nervous and because I drank 2 cups of coffee before I left home. Haha! Luckily, I was able to do makeup for 4 ladies, including 2 bridesmaids and both mothers of that of the bride and groom.
Grabbed photo from Ms. Edz. I did makeup for the 2 girls beside the bride. I wasn't able to take pictures because I was so nervous. Haha!

First prenup shoot. My college friend, Dustin, who is also into photography, asked me to be part of his friends' prenuptial pictorial. It was such a fun experience. I am so glad to meet the happy couple Ariane and Marvin.
I did a few BTS shots from this shoot and you can see more here.

First debutante. Doing my first debutante’s makeup was very memorable. Thanks to Chandra and Marianne who were part of the party’s organizers gave me the opportunity to do hair and makeup for Andrea on her debut party at Paradiso Terrestre. I also did her mom’s hair and makeup. The theme of her party was medieval and so I gave her very tiny curls and a natural makeup look.
My first debutante, Andrea smiles after her hair and makeup. :) 

First bride. Thanks to my college friend and DLSU-D chorale mate Kuya Thoto, I was able to be part of the wonderful union of Mrs. Misty and Mr. Leo Villar last December 21. It was held at Yellow Coco Tagaytay. I did makeup for the bride, groom, and mother of the bride, 1 flower girl and 3 ladies who were also part of the entourage. Of course, I would not have done it alone. I got the help of my very talented friend and hairstylist Joana Melo.

With my first bride, the very pretty and charming Ms. Misty.

First MUA business card and portfolio page. Through the help of my boyfriend Jay, who is extremely talented and creative, I got myself a very pretty and stylish business card. Thanks to my older sister Ate Malou and our family printing business 500 copies were printed for me. Hihi! I use the design of the card as my default photo in my FB portfolio page, Makeup by Aila Apolo.

All in all, 2011 was such a prosperous year for me. These are just a few of the memorable things that I did which proved to me that dreams can come true. With baby steps, I know I can be better at my craft and looking back to these firsts will remind me to be very humble and more thankful.

Thank you all for taking time in reading my very first blog post this year and don’t forget to check back as I have a long list of things to share with you including hauls, hair and makeup works, photo shoots, product reviews and many more…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...