Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Makeup for Architect Kate's Oath-taking

I recently got the privilege to help Kate prep up for her Oath-taking as a new architect. Kate, who is my batchmate from DLSU-D's Performing Arts Group requested for a natural look and a side-part, messy hair updo. 
While I was doing Kate's makeup, I can't remember how many times I told her how beautiful her skin is. She does have a few dark spots but her actual skin is very nice, healthy and supple. :)
To learn what products I used on her, read more...

I prepped her skin with Celeteque Hydration moisturizer, used Encara BB Cream all over her face as a makeup base and concealer, then L'oreal True Match liquid makeup around the sides of her face for added depth. I lightly contoured her face and finally set it with powder. 
I chose to use light shimmer ivory shadow for her lids and blended a light brown color onto her crease. I used the lightest shade from my In2it brow powder to lightly fill in her brows. It had a naturally beautiful shape so I didn't do much on it. I then lined her eyes, curled her lashes and  applied mascara. Light pink blush for her cheeks for that subtle natural glow. I asked her what color she wanted to try for her lips and she answered orange. I used NYX slim lip pencil in Orange and Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Coral Crush.
 After I applied the moisturizer, I let it sip into her skin first. I then applied mousse onto her hair, brushed and curled it for added volume. While her hair sets, I then proceeded to makeup..
This is how the hair looks at the back. :)
I did a floral design with twists and mix of braided hair pieces for more texture.
 Pretty natin batchmate! Hehehe!!! =)
Kate and her beautiful sister, Angel. :)
I think having beautiful skin runs in their blood. Her mom has it too! =)
"Aila thanks! Masaya ako sa makeup at hair ko..." 
Just a few minutes after we parted, I received this text from Kate. :') Thank you dear! Till next time! =)
She also tagged me in this photo of her telling me that even after she got home, her makeup was still in tact. Yay!!!
Knowing that the people I work with appreciate what I do means a lot to me. It inspires me to work even harder and learn even more things to help me improve my craft.
Oh and if you need someone to help you with your architectural design needs, make sure to contact Kate 'coz she's already a certified one. Hehe! Congrats again! =)
Hope you all liked this makeup makeover. See you all in my next post!


4 comments:

  1. Go batchmates!!! Congratulations Kate for your success, and Aila, for her makeup!!! VIVA!!!

    -Gelo b10 chorale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thanks 'nak for dropping by! =) VIVA!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG I know her, she's my schoolmate during HS :) now I know why her face is familiar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Small world! =) hehehe! thanks for dropping by! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...